I will be drastically down-sizing soon. I am divorced, and my youngest daughter is a high school senior. So I am on a purging binge to get ready for a move to smaller quarters.
Next to family, friends, and work, my books are my life. I can spend whole weekends on the sofa, reading.
I have sold books, given books away, gifted folks with the perfect books; I have begun the culling process. I have many books (self-help, anyone?) that I have no trouble parting with. But, I still have a substantial collection that must go.
To begin, I plan to read the ones I purchased eagerly and immediately after publication but never got around to reading. Bibliophile that I am, I also bring home stacks from the library, and those are usually read first.
The first to be read...finally...is Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie. Then it will fly fly fly away to a happy new home. Readers, where should it go?
No comments:
Post a Comment